First Hand Update From My Instagram

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Of Fat Salmon Sandwich, Fritters and Lemon grass & Panda tea from Fat Spoon [Food Review]

The title say it all. Big girl has grown up and living alone now. From now on, there might be more food review post but not as complete as it used to be. I have move out from my family and now I am living on my own, kindda reminds me 2 years ago when I was chasing my dream in Kulim, North of Malaysia....which takes me to our point, single portion dish for each eatery that I am introducing.


Fat Spoon
Address: 
73, Jalan SS21/1A Damansara Utama, 47400 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

Operation hours:
Tue - Thu: 11:30 am - 3:00 pm, 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sun: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm

Contact:


Fat Spoon describe themselves as "Grandma's Recipes, Good Coffee & Amazing Parties !"  Well, I can understand the part about Granma's receipe. They have old decos, more to a nyonya style, old story books as menu and receipt holders. The food? I don't know... likes kindda fusion to me. They do have a few Asian main course and authentic Asian dessert, but I have no chance to try any of it #facepalm... 

Lemon Grass and Panda leaves tea, RM7.90
The smell of lemon grass is strong with this one. geddit? #okaygirl....
Though I appreciate such old schoold container, it aint make the tea any good. Well, I mean it's old school, it's unique to my generation but it just isn't quite appealing. Tips, the tea pot is actually quite big, it's more than enough for two.

Fat Salmon Sandwich, RM 16.90
Instead of sandwich it's more like a rock bun smoke salmon burger with fritters as sides.

The burger was rock solid, too dry for my liking. The lettuce was fine, the smoke salmon on the other hand is alright but the combination of apples and Salmon was really a pleasant surprise.

Fritters are oily as usually but their Thai sauce is going really great with the fritters, don't missed out even if you never put sauces to your food.

Overall: 7/10 [They have a stong social media, packaging and marketing team, but deep down they aren't really that good as how it appeal, just slightly higher than everage. ]
Taste bud indulgence: 7/10 [For the sandwidch I had, I was quite a surprise, not like totally awesome, but good]
Purse Saver: 6/10 [RM17 for a rock bun and a few pieces of smoke Salmon? What?!!! (plus fritters)]
Location: 8/10 [It's not in the best place. It's not facing the main road and it's doesn't have eye catching signboards, so a bit hard to locate it if you don't have a GPS.]
Service: 7/10 [They are very friendly, but still they missed out one of my dessert order. Kinda disappointed  but what to do...]


No comments:

Post a Comment