First Hand Update From My Instagram

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Tickling My Tastebuds



Chu Toro Sashimi, from Sushi Tei.
This is the high light on Sushi Tei during Spring-summer season last year. Chutoro means tuna belly in Japanese. The usual toro/maguro/tuna sashimi is more solid, less fat but has stringy fat between layers. In contrast, chutoro  is very firm, juice, abundance of soft fatty tissue between each layer. These fats makes each layer so easy to separate from each other. Chutoro generally carries less fishy smell compare to other sashimi, such as Salmon, hotate(scallope), amaebi (shrimp) etc. It is also not slimy, great for sashimi begin that resist raw, slimy texture. As for me, I like the pale vague sweet taste that melts on my tongue. It's not as strong as other type of fish, but that mysterious sweet after taste some how hook my soul to want more. Chutoro's umami taste can be level up with a suitable amount of soy sauce and wasabi, but still taste great if it's savour on it's own.

If you wonder, why I am doing such a short post and introduce something I already mentioned in http://ysquarec.blogspot.com/2012/04/sushi-tei-tropicana-city-mall-food_22.html, I am actually intended to join the exclusive Nuffnang's Tastebuddies Facebook Interest Group. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment