First Hand Update From My Instagram

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Cabin In The Wood [Movie Review]

 
When I 1st look at the poster, and read it's synopsis, I have no idea whats the story about.
But after I watch, the movie turn out to be more complicated than I expect. It's not mere horror. Although it's funny, the make up is still sucks, the zombies has black blood LOL.
The introduction are also not very related with the core story line till end of the movie, then everything snap, and it makes sense!


 
Story begin with 5 friends, (left to right) the virgin (Kristen Connolly as Dana Polk), the athletic(Chris Hemsworth as Curt Vaughan), the smart(Jesse Williams as Holden McCrea), the dumb(Fran Kranz as Marty Mikalski),
 
and the whore (Anna Hutchison as Jules Louden)

These 5 friends are going to a vacation in a cabin that one of their cousin just bought.
 
At first, the the director project the cabin as haunted, which may lead to a ghost story

  
However, zombies appears, like a zombie apocalypse.

Best of all, all the actions of the scientist, their bet, they disturbance toward the 5 friends actions, has lead no no answer, but only at the end of the story.

The teaser(hold CTRL A to read the teaser):
These 5 ppl are actually tribute to sacrifice to the God of Evil ( probably the TITAN) that hide deep down of the cabin. These scientist actually have to kill the tribute as the ancient requested so as to calm the God to stay far below. However, those last 2 that survived manage to broke into the scientist's bunker and override their system, summoning all the monsters/ghost into the bunker and kill all the scientist.

Overall: 8/10 [I wouldn't want to watch it alone, even with a big group, I still don't think it will attract me to watch it in cinema]
3D/CG: 8.5/10 [Thumbs up for modelling so many different monster and ghost although they just appear for few minutes only]
Story: 7/10 [I like the story but hate the overwhelm sound effect that are unnecessary but just to scared ppl]
Cast: 7/10 [yeah, I know none of them except Chris Hemsworth  from Thor, but I like all these sweet and handsome faces]




2 comments: