First Hand Update From My Instagram

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Smurfs (movie Review)

Courtesy to Nuffnang and Jackie Loi again, I get to Watching The Smurfs in premier screening earlier even though it starts to show in cinema today!
Photobucket
From left to right: Clumsy, Grouchy, Papa Smurf, Smurfette,Gutsy and Brainy



Frankly, I am not from the Smurfs generation. I never watch any Smurf cartoon or read Smurfs comic but I do know this blue creature exist w/o knowing it's real name until Smurf is trending again with it's own Movie!

Photobucket
I can't deny the fact that I know nothing about them at first. I just started to play some dumb Smurfs games few weeks before the screening and I got bored of it after 1 week =.=

Photobucket
But Smurf are more meaningful and fun than all those dumb games in the market. Each of them have their own characteristic.

My favorite character in this movie isn't any smurf but the evil wizard Gargamel's side kid Azreal
Photobucket
Photo above: Gargamel pretend to emerge from fog while chasing the Smurf but the fogs are previously there already XP

PhotobucketPhotobucket
In the movie, Azreal was not play by a real cat but plain CG hence it was given more characteristic, more lively than no cat could do. It's the scapegoat of Gargamel but like Gargamel, it is not very smart too ^ ^

Photobucket
The most unexpected plot of the movie is that Smurf really can Smurf a Blue Moon (once in a "Blue Moon").
As for overall, I will really like the story, the animation and the characteristic of the characters. I will really recommend any 1 to watch it.


Overall: 10/10 (I didn't put too much hopes and expectation in the movie, maybe thats the reason I think it's good?)
3D/CG effect: 10/10 (It's almost perfect that I can't think of any flaws yet)
Story: 9.5/10 (Very good story line, but the boss and her mom part isn't explaining quite well.)
Cast: 10/10 (Voice by a few famous actor and singer *thumbs*)


1 comments: